Gulf State Conference’s annual Family Camp is this weekend, and Sunday’s service will be held out at Pine Lake. There will be no service at Jubilee this Sunday (September 1). For more information on Pine Lake Camp or to get directions, please visit their website.
Here’s what you can expect at Jubilee this weekend and who you can contact for more info:
- Jr. Youth Christmas Party - Graybills
- Welcome! Class will meet during the Sunday School hour
- Joel Beachy will preach our Second Advent sermon
- Reah Clymer will sing a special number
- Worship Planning Team meets at 1:30 in the Conference Room - Duane Maust
We continue to collect and distribute coats and nonperishable food through the food pantry ministry. Place your donations on the table in the sanctuary. - Marvin Floyd
Join me in reading Isaiah during Advent. Begin today with Isaiah 44 and read a chapter at day until Christmas.
Happy Friday! Here’s what you can expect on Sunday at Jubilee.
- Believers Class will meet (good news! Duane found the lost tongue screw!)
- The fourth in our series, “What is a Mennonite Christian?” Duane will preach from Luke 22:24-27, Anabaptist Leadership
- A Communion Service will follow the sermon
- Everyone is invited to stay for the Pot Luck Meal after the service. Thanks to Fern Diener’s Care Group, who will clean the dishes and the gym after the meal!
Here’s what to expect at Jubilee this weekend…
- Gulf States Mennonite Conference Delegate Meeting at Amor Viviente, Metairie, LA (contact Duane Maust if you want to attend)
- Anita Wansley will be preaching from Acts 2:46-47, Community is the Center of our Life. This is the second in our “What is a Mennonite Christian?” series
- Jack Wansley will share his testimony regarding Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS)
- Believers Class meets during the Sunday School hour. (see Elaine Maust)
- Youth group packaging goodies for College Students - 4:00 at the Bowers’. Sunday morning will be your last opportunity to donate treats or cash. (see Joel Beachy)
Here’s what to expect this weekend and who to contact for more info:
- Jr. Youth Fall Fest at Pine Lake, 4:00, Matt Graybill
- New Sermon Series ”What is a Mennonite Christian?” Begins with ”Jesus is the Center of our Faith” – Hebrews 7:23-28 - Elaine Maust
- During the service we will be blessing the Floyds as they prepare for their Mission Trip
- Donations will be received for Children’s Christmas Boxes - (Beth Graybill) and College Student Boxes (Cynthia Clymer)
- Welcome! Class meets at 1:30 - Elaine Maust
- On Saturday, our Sister Church, Open Door Mennonite, will be at Pine Lake Camp. If you would like to join us for breakfast with them, contact Elaine Maust. If you can help with child care for them on Saturday, contact Anita Wansley.
- Saturday evening will be the annual city-wide AA Anniversary at Jubilee - contact Elaine for more info.
- On Sunday morning, Bob Baldwin is preaching.
- There will be a Pot Luck after the worship service. Contact Rachel Seibel with questions.
Here’s some of what’s happening this weekend at Jubilee and who to contact for more info:
- Women’s Prayer Partner Tea, Sunday, 9:30 in Sojourner’s Room (Anita Wansley)
- To prepare for the sermon, read Psalm 90:12-17. I’ll be preaching about making our days count.
- Gulfhaven Mennonite (Gulfport, MS) will install Church Goetz as pastor. Call Duane Maust to join him
- Welcome! Class will meet at 1:30 in conference room (Elaine Maust)
- Church-wide Soccer Game, begins at 3:00 at Jaycee Complex followed by hot dog roast at Pine Lake (Joel Beachy)
Join us Sunday!
There are many opportunities for service and worship this weekend at Jubilee. Here is a sample.
Saturday is the Pine Lake Camp Benefit Sale and Auction at Des Allemands, LA. Pine Lake is important to Jubilee for many reasons and we are grateful to support the camp at this annual event. If you:
* want to know more about the sale, contact Dara Dominici
* have items to donate, call Duane Maust
* need a ride or directions to Des Allemands, call Duane Maust
* want to help with the wildly fun (really) baking day today, let Elaine Maust know
Sunday is World Communion Sunday. In celebration, Pastor Matilde Acosta of the local Hispanic Church of God will be our preacher. We are also indebted to Claudio Aguilar who is returning to us from the New Orleans area to translate for Pastor Acosta. You may remember Claudio as a recent revival preacher at Jubilee. We all will share in the communion service as a response to the service.
Please note that in our continuing efforts to provide a safe place for worship, at 10:45 the doors to the kitchen and hall by the Sojourner’s Room (back parking lot and 9th street entrances) will be locked. If you are coming late, please use the parking lot on 28th Avenue. The doors by the office, into the sanctuary and the 9th street entrance by the food pantry will remain unlocked all morning. If you have questions about this, please talk to one of the Elder Team: James Dominici, Joel Beachy, Fern Diener, Anita Wansley, or Duane or Elaine.
Hoping that you feel God’s peace and care today. See you on Sunday!
We are looking forward to a great service on Sunday. The theme will be “The Bible, Sweeter than Honey.” You’ll find this phrase in our text, Psalm 19:7-14. Check out what this Psalm says about God’s Word.
The Jr. Youth Group and I will have some fun with this theme. During the Sunday School time, they will write their questions about the Bible, then I will attempt to answer these questions in the course of the sermon. Let’s see what questions they have! Jr. Youth, get your questions ready! This is going to be fun.
On Sunday, the Jr. Youth Group will introduce their Christmas Giving Project. Come to hear about their hopes for helping others. Talk to Beth or Matt Graybill if you have questions.
On Sunday afternoon, Jubilee’s Youth Group will meet for Sunday lunch. Check with Joel Beachy for more info.
Several of Jubilee’s Care Groups will be meeting on Sunday evening. If you would like to be in a care group or if you are interested in leading a group, please talk with Duane or Elaine.
Join us on Sunday to worship God and to receive encouragement!
In our continued series on Hospitality, Joel Beachy will preach from Hebrews 13:1-3,
(Hebrews 13:1-2a NRSV)
Thanks to all of you who offered to be guests and hosts for our first Guest/Host Event. Beginning Sunday, many of you will open your homes to others from Jubilee for visiting and food. And many of you will receive hospitality you have not enjoyed before. We applaud your creativity and hope you have delightful times together. If you would still like to be a guest or a host, please contact Joel Beachy.
This Sunday, Duane and several others from Jubilee will attend the ordination of Ruskin Clay, pastor of Cornerstone Community Church in Macon, MS. If you would like to join them for this important event in Gulf States Conference, please contact Duane.
See you on Sunday!